Holy cow – we made it to Day 7 of the Passive Income e-course! Now that you have the pieces in place for earning passive income in your biz, the last step is all about putting your offer in front of your prospective clients. Or, in other words, getting out there and generating some BUZZ, baby!
So you can get folks talking. Let them know you exist. Stop being your industry’s best kept secret. Etc. etc.
Now, the thing is that you likely know you need to put yourself out there. But it’s easier said than done. Because it can be hard – no, make that impossible – to lead your mission (and live your life as it should be) when you’re constantly being pulled in 5 different directions by all of the “should do” marketing advice out there.
Guru A says Facebook is the way to go to attract all the clients you want, and you’re all set to give it a go. Then you hear a webinar from Guru B that says paid advertising is a waste of time and money and you should be doing JV or affiliate marketing instead. Guru C says YouTube is where all the clients are hanging out. Argh!
You keep jumping back and forth between the leading edge marketing techniques that are guaranteed to skyrocket you to 6 figures and beyond…and by the end of the day your head is spinning and you’re flat-out exhausted…too exhausted, in fact, to really help the people you’re meant to help. It’s a vicious cycle, no? You’re so busy trying to find clients that there’s nothing left of you to serve them!
If you’re ready to jump off the proverbial hamster wheel, here are three ways that you can put a stop to the “What do I do next?” marketing confusion and generate enough buzz to send a steady stream of clients into your business, week after week and month after month.
1. Identify your goals. Not knowing what results you want from your marketing is a bit like taking a road trip without a destination in mind; you may eventually stumble onto a site or two of interest, but odds are you’ll get tired of driving before you find anyplace worthwhile. Plus, the idea of planning a vacation from scratch, with no idea of where to go, can seem a bit overwhelming. So many decisions…do you want to head north or south? East or west? You might find yourself putting it off indefinitely just to avoid the headaches. However, if you know that you want to attend your grandmother’s 90th birthday party in Chicago on September 12th, NOW you have something specific to shoot for, and you can begin planning your travels. You’ll probably even get excited now that things seem a bit more realistic. It’s the same with your marketing. If you have no idea where you’re going, how can you know where to start? Begin by determining how many clients you want (or need) and then think about where you can find them…and that will help to drive your marketing.
2. Do what you love. No matter what sales techniques others tout, they will do you no good if you find yourself forcing yourself to do them day after day or week after week. For example, if the mere thought of speaking with prospects one-on-one leaves you tongue-tied, filling your calendar with sales consultations and in-person networking will likely leave you frustrated and broke, not to mention facing each day with misery and dread…and who wants to live like that? You might be better suited for marketing yourself online with articles and effective web copy, at least until you can ease into other methods. If you fill your marketing calendar with tasks that give you joy and fulfillment, you’ll be much more likely to get around to them.
3. Schedule time for marketing. Once you pick your tasks, setting a routine that you follow each month will relieve the guesswork of what you should be working on each day or week and will therefore also lend itself to a consistent stream of leads flowing into your business. For instance, you might publish an ezine twice/month, on the second and fourth Tuesdays, and host a monthly teleseminar on the third Wednesday. That way, you can schedule your promotions out each month like clockwork, and if you make a promise to your clients to host that teleseminar or publish that ezine, you’ll give yourself instant accountability; after all, you wouldn’t want to flake out on your prospective clients and give them the impression that you’re not dependable, would you? I didn’t think so. 🙂
It’s all about consistency. Doing the right marketing tasks day after day and week after week.
If you’d like a hand figuring out what tasks to focus on that best meet your unique needs, maximizing your marketing efforts to help you double your reach without doubling your working hours, creating a detailed online marketing plan that practically runs itself, whipping up several months’ worth of content ideas at once so you’re never at a loss for what to write in your ezine/blog, and then following through on your internet marketing plan, you won’t want to miss today’s final Saint Patty’s deal of the day.
With today’s deal you can get our Instant Marketing Plan Blueprint for just $17.
This Instant Marketing Plan Blueprint includes:
• An in-depth Instant Marketing Plan Blueprint showing exactly which marketing methods to choose and how to plan them into your days
• The audio recording of an in-depth Get Clients with Less Effort training in mp3 format so you can listen in the office or on the go
• Blank marketing plan and daily schedule templates that you can fill in as you see fit and print out for easy reference
• A sample marketing plan to help you get ideas for your own biz
• A sample daily schedule so you can see how successful marketers plan – and execute – productive workdays
So that you too can have the ability to:
• Choose how often (or how little) you work, knowing that doing the “right” thing(s) (not everything) is key to getting ahead in your business
• Actually enjoy your marketing tasks instead of avoiding them like the plague
• Wake up each morning not with a sense of hopeless dread but excited optimism, knowing exactly what actions you should take that day to consistently attract a steady stream of clients into your business
• Avoid the time-suck of procrastination that comes when you have no idea what to do first, next, and last to market yourself to potential clients
• Walk away from your office each night feeling a sense of accomplishment at all that you’ve gotten done that day, just by following the plan that was laid out for you
• Start to see a steady stream of clients coming into your business, seemingly out of the woodwork (but in reality because of your consistent marketing efforts)
Many blessings to you,
Tammi Metzler, founder of The Write Associate, is a self-professed “word geek.” Her greatest joy is in playing with words all day to find just the right combination to get folks all fired up. In the daytime hours, this means writing online marketing copy that grabs the attention and interest of readers so that they “get” the awesomeness of the product/service in question and think “I gotta get me some of that!” After hours this often means finding just the right words to get the response she’s looking for from her husband and/or 6-year-old daughter (grin). She offers tons of resources about creating compelling marketing copy that excites & engages your ideal clients on her blog at www.WriteAssociate.com.