I was flying high. Had just landed a $6,000 client, without hard selling or trickery or any of that nonsense.
We just hopped on the phone, chatted about his needs, and sealed the deal.
Before we signed off, he made a statement that really stuck with me:
“You know, I contacted you because I bought your book; didn’t even finish reading, to be honest, because I could tell right away you knew what you were talking about. I knew I wanted you to help me edit and publish my book to be as good as yours.”
Here’s the main takeaway: he didn’t even finish reading the whole book before contacting me.
The mere act of me putting my expertise into actionable steps and then a published book was all it took for him to see me as an expert and then hire me to help him reach his goals.
Look, a lot of folks worry about “giving away the farm” when it comes to creating content. They fret that if they tell people all their best secrets, clients won’t need to hire them. So they hold back, either in writing a book at all or in putting their best self into it.
I’ve learned that the exact opposite is true. When you write a book that doesn’t hold back, that walks people exactly through what they need to do to reach their goals, you become their hero, and there will absolutely be people who either a) see that this work is hard and they don’t have the time or desire to tackle it themselves or b) realize that they’ll never have the depth of knowledge that you have and want your expert help getting things done right.
And you’ll start getting the same messages I get like, “Hey, I just bought your book, and it’s great, and it made me see how much I need your help. How soon can we start?” (Trust me when I say that feels awesome!)
Yes, you will also have some readers who will take your info and run with it, DIY style. Probably the majority of readers, if I’m being honest.
And that’s okay. That’s great, actually. It means your book has done its job: to help transform lives.
That’s what you really want, right? Why you started your business? To make a difference?
And holy cow can books help you do that. Especially with the advent of digital readers (and digital reading apps that can be downloaded to most any smartphone, tablet or computer), readers can have your info in their hands within seconds, no matter where they are in the world (as long as they have internet access, of course).
Your reach becomes limitless. Your ability to connect with new people who want and need what you’ve got loses its borders, especially when you can tap into the extraordinary scope of book-selling giants like Amazon to help you spread the word.
It’s your time.
Let’s change the world, one book at a time.
PS: If you’re all fired up and ready to DO this, come check out the just-opened Write Your Book in 30 Days video course. We’re gonna work together to get your first (or next!) life-changing, client-attracting book written, polished, and launched to the world, with the help of:
· 5 in-depth video trainings walking you step-by-step through the steps of taking your book from idea to implementation.
· Unlimited email/Facebook message support from yours truly, so you never have to worry whether you’re doing things “right;” just shoot me your burning questions or requests for feedback and I’ll be right there with you, every step of the way. (Emails/messages will be answered within 2 business days.)
· A private networking forum to interact with fellow students, get peer feedback, and maybe make a friend/accountability partner (or several! ?).
· Weekly “Power Hour” Q&A sessions during the live course—immediately after each weekly training webinar, we’ll hop on the private Facebook group for a Power Hour to begin working through that week’s activities together, along with the input and support of myself and your fellow classmates. This is also a great time to ask me questions about the training, your work, whatever, and get immediate answers.
· A fill-in-the-blanks book template that’s pre-formatted to show you exactly what to write where
· Daily instructions on exactly what steps to take that day to get your book DONE in 30 days
· 11 fill-in-the-blanks title formulas to help your book stand out from the crowd
Intrigued? Visit https://writeassociate.com/write-your-book-live-video-course to learn more and register now.